Neyer Properties, Inc., a full-service commercial real estate organization, is seeking an experienced Vice President of Asset Management to direct, manage, and oversee the asset strategies for our commercial real estate properties. The Vice President of Asset Management will oversee the portfolio of commercial and real estate assets comprised of approximately 5,000,000 square feet of industrial, flex, retail and office space located in Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Columbus. This executive will provide day to day leadership and oversight of asset management team, third party management firms and organize and execute organizational goals and objectives.
- Actively monitor and manage the overall portfolio to maximize cash flow and the long-term economic value in the context of larger organizational goals
- Oversee the third party management firms to insure their performance and to improve fiscal results of assets. Provide solution for outsourcing budgets, capital improvements, CAM reconciliations and other aspects of daily property management to third parties.
- Oversee the systems, processes and procedures to allow the organization to double in size over the next 5 years
- Prepare quarterly asset management reports to senior management and ownership
- Identify, develop and implement value added strategy with respect to existing assets as well as potential acquisitions. Assess and recommend value-add opportunities such as operations, cap ex and tenant improvements
- Manage existing personnel into first class asset management team focusing on the fiscal results, tenant relations, property visits and other things from an ownership perspective.
- Develop and Implement asset strategy plans for each property outlining recommendations regarding the property’s operations, capital plan or investment strategy to ownership.
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of business plans, leasing plans, operating budgets, and financing program for each asset
- Monitor the progress of construction, improvement projects and capital spending throughout the year for adherence to approved asset strategy plans
- Work closely with the ownership, asset management team, finance, property managers and tenants to develop strong relationships
- Execute approved solutions to problem assets
- Perform special ad hoc projects and analyses
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following qualities:
- Independent, self-directed, takes initiative
- Proactive, assertive, decisive
- Strategic in approach
- Ability to manage personnel and delegate responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Good-natured; likes to have fun
- Appropriately risk taking
- Non-bureaucratic; enjoys informal, less structured work environment
- Flexible; ability to “think on his/her feet”
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate from a respected university. MBA preferred
- Proven Supervisory skills
- 10+ years of experience in real estate and asset management experience
- Strong knowledge of MRI, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in concise and timely manner
- A successful candidate must be a self-starter willing to independently balance many tasks at a given time
If interested in learning more about this career opportunity, please contact Carol Higgins at email@example.com. Due to the number of resumes received, only qualified applicants will be contacted.